We're partnering with a privately held non-union manufacturer to identify an experienced Controller to join their senior leadership team. With their main operation in Butler, PA, coupled with two other locations on the east coast, in total this company has approximately 250 employees. The company has continued to grow over the years, and currently they are embarking on the next phase of their growth and increasing the size of one facility by 50%.
They offer a very family-oriented environment and ownership who focus on investing in employees and creating a workplace that’s enjoyable to come to every day. They believe in the importance of family and whether it’s their summer picnic, trick or treat, or time for Santa – gatherings are always family friendly, and employees are encouraged to bring their spouses, kids, and grandchildren. If you’re looking for a place that encourages employees to voice their ideas, fosters an environment where employees can contribute and see the difference they are making in the operation, and is involved in and gives back to their community, this just might be the home for you!
This is a direct hire opportunity offering a competitive base, bonus potential, and an above average full benefits package. Two highlights of the benefit package include an above average 401K company match of up to 7% and medical insurance plan options that are at a much lower out of pocket cost to employees in comparison to other companies.
Over the years the owners have done a great job at identifying key employees and grooming them to become part of their current senior leadership team, who they consider essential in helping to run day to day operations, strategize, plan, and drive key initiatives. They are looking for an established Controller to become part of that team. The ideal incumbent will not only have a strong disposition towards numbers, but also be a personable individual who possesses strong people skills, can think about people and processes, and works well within a team.
Reporting to the owners, the Controller will provide leadership over the accounting and financial reporting functions and ensure corporate financial strategy through a variety of avenues. Additionally, they will be a key member of the sr. leadership team to identify drivers of growth and profitability, as well as business risks and opportunities.
A complete job description will be provided to those who are interested, qualified, and pursued for the role.
Essential Duties include:
- Ensuring accurate monthly financial results in accordance with GAAP.
- Prepare/Manage/Analyze financial statements, payroll, budgets, and tax compliance.
- Discuss monthly financial results vs. forecast/budget/prior year with leadership team and investigate/explain variances.
- Review & provide recommendations to increase profitability of customers/categories/products.
- Assist with financial planning / provide ongoing support on key business initiatives including relevant financial analyses and justification for various capital or operating investments.
- Manage the AP and AR process and team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business management, etc.
- A CPA or MBA is nice to have, but not required.
- Minimum of 4 to 5 years of experience managing an accounting/finance function, with at least 10 years of overall experience.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and internal controls and experience working with outside auditors.
- Experience as a collaborative business partner working closely with other leaders to drive and improve overall business performance.
- Pre-employment requirements include a background check and drug screen.